Interested in playing Rocket League, but worried about download time? Or maybe you just want to reinstall the game?
Long download times can be a major deterrent in whether or not you decide to play or download a game. So, it’s important to know how long it actually takes to download a game.
Well, in this post we will be walking you through how long it takes to download Rocket League on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
Table of Contents
How Long Does Rocket League Take To Download?
How long Rocket League takes to download is determined by two things; your internet speed and your PC/Console.
Based on the U.S. average internet speed of 99.3 Mbps and Rocket Leagues download size of around 15GB it should take about 20-30 mins to download Rocket League.
Obviously, there is a lot of variance between person to person and the platform you are downloading it on can make a huge difference as well. Downloading games on Xbox and Playstation and really consoles, in general, are notorious for longer than normal download times.
If you are interested in the individual breakdown of each platform and how long each one takes keep reading.
If you are downloading Rocket League on PC you will need to use either Steam or Epic Games to download it. The minimum storage capacity for Rocket League is 20GB according to the Epic Games store page.
Here is a breakdown of how long it might take to download 20GB on various internet speeds:
- An extremely slow 50 Mbps would take around 60 minutes
- An average internet speed of 100 Mbps would take around 30 minutes
- An above-average 200 Mbps would take around 15 minutes
- An extremely fast internet connection of 1,000 Mbps would take around 3 minutes
So, all you need to do is look at the download projections listed above and find the one that matches your current internet speed the best.
You should now have a pretty good idea of how long Rocket League should take to download on the pc.
Rocket League is available to download on the Xbox One as well as the Xbox Series X/S. The download time will be about the same for all versions of the Xbox. The approximate download size of Rocket League on the Xbox is 27.79 GB.
Here are some estimations of how long it would take to download 28 GB on the Xbox:
- An extremely slow 50 Mbps would take around 80 minutes
- An average internet speed of 100 Mbps would take around 40 minutes
- An above-average 200 Mbps would take around 20 minutes
- An extremely fast 1,000 Mbps would take around 4 minutes
It’s important to note that these projections are not taking into account the Xbox servers.
It’s hard to say how the Xbox servers will affect your download speed or if they will at all. These projections should serve as a good guide though.
Rocket League can be played and downloaded on both the PS5 and the PS4. The download times are going to be very similar between the two, but the PS5 should be slightly faster due to a faster SSD/Hard Drive. The download size of Rocket League on the Playstation is around 25 GB.
Here are some more predictions of how long it should take to download 25 GB on the Playstation.
- An extremely slow 50 Mbps would take around 67 minutes
- An average internet speed of 100 Mbps would take around 33 minutes
- An above-average 200 Mbps would take around 17 minutes
- An extremely fast 1,000 Mbps would take around 3 minutes
Once again the PlayStation servers, as well as the hard drive/SSD being used in your Playstation, are going to affect your download times.
Expect download times to be slightly longer than what we have listed above.
On the Nintendo Switch the game file size for Rocket League is listed at 12.4 GB. This is significantly lower than all the other platforms and means an even faster download time for Switch users.
Here is another breakdown of how long we think it will take to download 12.4 GB on the Nintendo Switch:
- An extremely slow 50 Mbps would take around 33 minutes
- An average internet speed of 100 Mbps would take around 17 minutes
- An above-average 200 Mbps would take around 8 minutes
- An extremely fast 1,000 Mbps would take around 2 minutes
These should serve as a general guide for how long it takes to download rocket league on the Nintendo Switch. You should expect download times to be a little longer than what’s listed above.
So there you have it, estimated download times for Rocket League on all platforms.
Make sure to take all the projections above as just projections and don’t be too surprised if your download goes a little over the time given. We hope you now have a much better understanding of how long it will take.
If you have any questions or thoughts about some of the estimations given please leave a comment letting us know. While you are at it please let us know how long Rocket League took to download for you as well as what console you are using.