Want to change your Rocket League profile picture to something unique or maybe just something new?
A profile picture or pfp is an important part of your identity in Rocket League, but it can be a little confusing figuring out how to change it.
In this post, we will be walking you through how to change your profile picture in Rocket League on Epic Games, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How To Change Your Profile Picture In Rocket League On Epic Games
To change your profile pic in Rocket League via Epic Games you are going to need to use some third-party software.
Unfortunately, there is no way to change it through the Epic Games client alone. This has been a feature the Rocket League community has been wanting Epic Games to implement for a while, but has yet to be added.
There are two programs you are going to need to download and install to be able to change your pfp:
Make sure to download and install BakkesMod first and AlphaConsole second.
Once you have installed BakkesMod go to the AlphaConsole Plugin page and click the “Install With BakkesMod” button in the top right. After you click the button a prompt will pop up asking if you want to open the installer, click “Open Plugininstaller.exe”.
A command prompt will then open up letting you know the plugin will be installed next time you launch Rocket League.
Launch Rocket League via Epic Games and check that BakkesMod is installed by pressing F5 on your keyboard. A window should pop up called AlphaConsole Plugin.
If it does then you have successfully installed both programs and you can now follow these steps to actually change your profile picture.
- Open File Explorer and press the search bar at the top of the window
- Type in “%appdata% and press enter
- Open the bakkesmod folder, inside that folder, is another bakkesmod folder that you need to open
- Then open the data folder followed by opening the acplugin folder
- Once inside the acplugin folder paste your desired profile picture inside
- Then right-click the picture file and rename it “EpicAvatar.png”
Now when you launch Rocket League again you should see your profile picture has been changed to whatever picture you put inside that folder.
The picture you want to be your profile picture needs to be a png file. If the picture you currently have is a jpg file you can convert it to a png using this site:
The whole process seems like a lot, but it should only take about 15 minutes to follow all the steps.
How To Change Your Profile Picture In Rocket League On Playstation (PS4 & PS5)
On Playstation your profile picture in Rocket League is your Playstation Avatar. There is currently no way to change your pfp for Rocket League without changing your avatar.
So to change your profile picture in Rocket League you need to change your avatar by following these steps:
- Go to the Playstation dashboard and click the “Profile” button
- From this screen click the “…” button and then “Edit Profile”
- Then click “Avatar”
- The select an Avatar screen will come up where you can find your desired Avatar
- Once you find you the Avatar you want click “Set Avatar”
You should now see that your Playstation Avatar has been changed. The next time you open up Rocket League you should see that your profile picture has been changed to whatever your Avatar is.
How To Change Your Profile Picture In Rocket League On Xbox
To change your profile picture on Rocket League with the Xbox you need to change your gamerpic.
Just like PlayStation where your avatar is technically your profile pic, your gamerpic on Xbox is your profile picture in Rocket League.
To change your gamerpic on Xbox follow these quick steps:
- From the Xbox Dashboard go to the profile and system and click “My Profile”
- From this screen click “Customise Profile” and then “Change Gamerpic”
- The choose your gamerpic screen will come up where you can now choose from a variety of pictures or upload your own
- Select the photo you want to be your new gamerpic
Your gamerpic will now be changed and the next time you open Rocket League you should see that profile picture has been changed.
How To Change Your Profile Picture In Rocket League On Nintendo Switch
On Nintendo Switch you can change your Rocket League profile picture by changing your Icon.
Again there is no way to change your profile picture in Rocket League without changing your Nintendo Switch icon.
To change your Nintendo Switch Icon/profile pic follow these instructions:
- From the Nintendo Switch dashboard click the gear icon (system settings)
- Find the User setting under Data Management and click the profile you want to change
- Under profile settings click “Edit Icon”
- You will then be presented with the Character/Mii selection screen
- Select the picture you would like to use as well as the background and click “OK”
Your icon will now be changed. Launch Rocket League and you should see your profile picture has been changed to your new Nintendo Switch icon.
How To Change Your Profile Picture In Rocket League On Steam
To change your profile picture in Rocket League on Steam all you need to do is change your Steam avatar.
To change your Steam avatar follow these few steps:
- With the Steam client click your username in the top right of the window
- Click “View my profile” from the drop down menu
- Once on your Steam profile click “Edit Profile” on the right hand side
- On the edit profile menu click “Avatar from the list of options on the left
- From here you can upload your own avatar or choose one from the list of game avatars you have unlocked
Once you select your desired avatar your Steam avatar will change. Now when you open Rocket League via Steam you will see that your profile picture has been changed to whatever your current Steam avatar is.
So there you have it, that is how to change your profile picture in Rocket League on every single platform.
It shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes with the exception of Epic Games to change your Rocket League profile picture.
If this was in any way helpful to you make sure to leave a comment letting us know. Also, if you have questions or thoughts about any of the information above you can leave a comment as well.